A Blog By Any Other Name

Friday, June 14, 2013
Before Emerson was born, I started writing a blog which I coined Palm Ranch Ramblings. Once I got pregnant, the content of the blog quickly evolved to all things prenatal. This continued after her birth and the outlet became a diary of Emmy's first year of life, the highs and lows of it. But the name Palm Ranch Ramblings just didn't seem to fit anymore and eventually my writing fizzled out as well. I then channeled my energy into a Facebook page for Emerson aimed at fundraising, which was very successful. Our fundraising efforts are now done, and I continue to keep Emmy's "fans" updated with pictures and videos. But I've been considering revamping the old blog for awhile now so that I could expand on my updates and once again have an outlet for writing. I knew that a new blog was in order with a new name and a new design suitable for our little princess. I toyed with many names (Life with a Hummingbird, Emerson's Trail ), but none seemed right until now. The simplest idea was the one that seemed the most suitable. Our little girl, after all, is undeniably a star. Here I hope to go more in depth about her therapies, equipment, products, toys, treatments and more. In so many ways it feels like we are still new to this journey, and at two years in, we really are. But the truth is, two years in the world of brain injury is a long, hard road with a crash course in many topics you wish you knew nothing about. Special needs parents quickly need to become well versed in medicine, therapies, nursing, cheerleading, advocacy, insurance, government services, research and so much more. And sadly, there are always new families joining this special club, so you aren't the newbie for long. So with that, welcome to. . .drum roll please. . .Emmy is a Star.


1 comments:

wonderchris said...

To know her is to love her!!!

Post a Comment